Christian Travelers Guide

New Beginnings

Once upon a time I used to blog at Brits In Bosnia, but then we came back from Bosnia so that blog had to draw to a close. But whilst we were living in Bosnia I discovered that I really enjoyed blogging. Really really enjoyed it. Didn't want to stop it. So I've started a new blog, this one.

We are all the same as we ever were. Dave, my long suffering husband continues to raise his eyebrows at my internet habit. Adam, our eldest at nearly 5 has just started school. Luke, our younger son at just over 3 is causing his own kind of chaos at the local playgroup. Jessie, our fox poo rolling, food obsessed, picnic stealing Golden Retriever continues to be a saint with the children and totally untrained in every other way.

My old blog used to talk about Bosnia, what it was like to live there, what was going on there. This new one will probably still keep an eye on the developments in that region, the upcoming elections mean Bosnia is likely to be in the news over the next couple of months, but it will also talk about settling back into UK living. Then again I'll post about whatever I fancy, I'll find my voice eventually.

In many ways it is a great time to start a new blog for it is indeed a new beginning for us. For not only is this a new blog, charting a new phase in our lives but I am also pregnant again. I can only find it amusing that the baby is due on Halloween, ghastly ghouls and scary witches bound to send me into labour. Alternatively if it is late I can watch the fireworks displays from the window to distract me from labour pains.

Anyway, welcome. Please follow, comment, read, update your links, whatever. I was planning to have the whole site looking all super whizzy with updated blog rolls and creative banners, but that will just have to wait. There are still boxes that need unpacking. Right, new stage of life, here we come!

PS - A note for American readers: You know us Brits talk differently to you? We use different words for things? I feel that the blog name might need a bit of clarification. Pants are what we Brits call underpants. My life is dominated by pants with Thomas, Wall-E, Mr. Men and pirates on. And that's just my collection. But to see something is 'a bit pants' to a Brit, well that means 'just a bit useless'. So if you say I'm a bit pants with admin it means that I am a bit useless at putting all those important bits of paper in useful and neat files and putting them onto a shelf full of other neatly filled out files. Pants with names means just not very good with names. And a HUGE thank you to Jen at The Madhouse for the suggestion and Iota at Not Wrong Just Different for realising the names potential.