Christian Travelers Guide

Golden Afternoon

My pal Bianca drove us to some 'new' opshops this morning, which was exciting, super fun and fruitful! The floral Willow tin above was actually found at a garage sale 2 weekends ago. It currently lives in the kitchen but I'm still not sure what I'd like to store in it yet (maybe cookie cutters?)

On our excursion I picked up a yellow plastic bowl which matches the larger orange one (our fruit bowl) purchased at a church secondhand sale last year. Also, a pair of orange and green plastic/glass cups for fruit juice, an orange container for misc craft supplies and a brown/white container for, you guessed it, craft supplies! The 10 National Geographic magazines are pre-1970 and I even found one from the 50s at the opshop near my house.

A super-size pot for rice, soup and pasta has been on our list for a long time since we scorched the bottom of our previous pot. Ever since then we have been cooking meals for two in a tiny saucepan. I have Bianca to thank for pointing this beauty out for me!

Every time a post office visit is in order Liam and I like to check out what's new in the charity store next door. Sometimes we buy discounted Reese's Pieces for $1. I liked that they colour coordinated with all my other finds today!

Other purchases today included a much-needed doona cover, 2 pillowcases and another plastic container, but this time for school snacks. If you'd like to see what Bianca found today you should head over here.