Christian Travelers Guide

Soft Sculpture

I'd like to share my first soft sculpture for my visual arts class. The construction is a bit off, but we are currently focusing on 'play', so correct construction doesn't matter right now. This is something I like very much, because all too often I won't even start a project, no matter how fun it is, simply because of potentially getting it wrong. How lame! I do appreciate making mistakes though. Yes, they are sometimes time consuming when it comes to creating but it teaches you what not to do so you can get it right eventually. Or, sometimes they give you ideas, like the little fluffy yellow loops on my 'sea anemone' inspired sculpture.

After sewing this piece, I feel compelled to make a long round stuffed tube necklace for myself from grey jersey, complete with hand sewn acrylic pompoms (like above). We'll see how that one pans out in the near future...