Christian Travelers Guide

I never thought I'd see the day that...

.. I'd feel sorry for Australian sportsmen.

.. I'd hear my father say 'poor Ricky Ponting' (he normally only refers to Aussie sportsmen as gum chewing rodents when shouting at the TV)

.. I'd find myself willing the Aussie batsmen to stay in for just a little bit longer (This may be entirely selfish in my part, I wanted them to still be playing when Sam got me up for his early morning feed).

.. I'd hear Geoffrey Boycott lauding a player, saying they were really really good.

.. this cricket loving household would see so little of an Ashes series (curse Sky, curse ECB, curse the people who say this isn't one of the untouchable jewels of English sporting heritage)

.. I'd greet the disappearance of Test Match Special from the airwaves with such distress. Who else is going to keep me company in the small hours. (Dotterel and Muddling Along Mummy aside, but they don't talk to me through the radio like Aggers does).

Congratulations to the English Cricketers, it was well deserved and they were all bloody brilliant.