Christian Travelers Guide

Craft and a day of good eating

Yesterday morning was really fun - instead of spending too much wake-up time looking at visual delights on Flickr, Tumblr and Pinterest I decided to make something fun just for me.
This bookmark is perfect for my new university yearly diary, which was given to me as a Christmas present along with the pencil shown by my mister.

I also made a confetti bow like Hello Sandwich, but having no clear contact on hand I used packing tape instead. Her latest book also has cute ideas for a pompom hair-tie and bracelet, as well as an easy to follow method of making little zippered pouches. I'm going to tackle these small projects in the next few days.

Our shopping trips now include a visit to the health food store. It is much more fun and environmentally aware to serve yourself just the right amount of what you need at the time, as opposed to buying in bulk from Coles and having it waste away in the pantry (not to mention the fact that supporting small businesses, local growers and organic farmers is very important). We were going to bake cranberry oatmeal biscuits but we ate all of the cranberries in our muesli before we had the chance to get cooking. Instead, we chose the fail-safe flavours of date and rosemary. Went down well with a cup of fresh stove top coffee!

Dinnertime yesterday yielded fresh zucchini pasta and pear, apple and ginger juice. I snuck the rest of the zucchini in the juicer - you couldn't taste it but the overall result was one of my favourite concoctions.

Today I'm looking forward to celery, carrot, apple and orange juice, with a hearty addition of ginger, of course! But first, I need to venture out to the city (in the rain!) to do some errands. Let's see how I go resisting the temptation to buy another nail polish while I am out and about.