Christian Travelers Guide

Thankful

Out this morning for a Thanksgiving morning run, my iPhone died (Apple, get your shit together.) after I pulled it out to take a picture and I spent a mile and a half with just me and the world. As I was running (and sliding) along, I started to notice my breath and realized that for the first time (that I've noticed, at least), my breath wasn't in time with the cadence of my feet. For me, that's a huge win. I spent the rest of my run thinking about the health-related things I'm thankful for. In no particular order...

1. That I've spent the past year solidly running at least 3 days a week. I've got a few 5ks, a 10k, a Warrior Dash, and soon to be a half-marathon under my belt in just this year alone.

2. That I'm not afraid of hills anymore. Yea, I'll still walk them if my running speed isn't any faster than my walking speed, but I don't try to avoid them.

3. That I don't have to find music that fits the BPM of my pace and match my breathing to that. No wonder I was so anxiety-ridden for so long.

4. That I've learned how to manage that anxiety.

5. That I'm not 233 pounds anymore.

6. That I've held out on fast food for a year tomorrow.

7. That snow and cold weather doesn't scare me. In fact, it makes me feel pretty bad ass.

8. That I have 2 more miles to go before I hit my halfway mark of 100 Miles by Christmas.

9. That I can.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!