Christian Travelers Guide

Sidelined

The week before I left for Boston, I started having horrible heel pain in the morning and after my runs. My aunt, who's a nurse, suggested plantar fasciitis and recommended icing, stretching, and resting...

Well, it's impossible to not walk around Boston and I'm pretty sure my sister and I logged a good 25-30 miles over the course of our entire nerdcation. Waking up in the morning, I definitely felt some awful pain, even tender to the touch if I was sitting cross-legged on the floor.

I've been back since Sunday night and I've been forcing myself to take it easy (and you know that is NOT easy for me). I took two full days off and did nothing but light stretching on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday I did yoga and when I woke up this morning, it didn't hurt nearly as much as it had over the past week. I'm going to stick with yoga over the next two days, rest it up on Saturday and Sunday since I'll be out of town, and hopefully ease back in on Monday.

Once I get back into it, I'm going to go back and do my recovery week from the 5k-to-10k program I've been doing and see how my body feels. It's possible that this upcoming 10k might need to be a 5k and I'm fine with that. I was hoping to redeem myself from the June 10k, but I also want to be healthy for the prime running weather that's coming up this fall and my half-marathon training... . redeeming myself on the half-marathon plan is more important to me than a 10k right now.

It sucks not being able to run right now... we've scored a GREAT weather day today that's screaming for a run or a long beagle walk. I may just have to make it a great day for painting. :)

Happy Thursday!