Christian Travelers Guide

Recovery & Excitement

Zumba was r o u g h last night. Legs were sore to a point that was uncomfortable just standing and my blisters were rubbing something fierce. My legs felt better this morning after the good stretch and since I was home again today, I thought it might be nice to stretch my stiff legs and go on an adventure with Lu. I haven't had a chance to check out many trails this side of the river, so I spent the morning looking for a nice, flat rail trail to stretch out on.

We ended up heading to the Lancaster Junction Rail Trail in Manheim. First of all, let me just say this. The directions I printed out from the Rail Trail website were totally off. I ended up at someone's house. I tried to get back on track with my GPS, which once again tried to take me up someone's driveway. I pulled over to check the website again and ended up just putting the end road, Champ Boulevard, into my GPS, which actually worked perfectly. Once we got there, smooth sailing, lol.

The trail itself is 2 1/2 miles one way, 5 miles round trip. We only did 3 because my socks were starting to bother me. (WTF?) Tried to jog a little bit and felt wayyyy better after actually jogging and getting a little looser. The trail itself was perfectly flat, soft on my knees, and well-traveled. I will definitely be back for sure.

I'm proud of myself for not using the soreness as an excuse to not work out.

In other exciting news, I was contacted on Friday by a representative for ABC's The Revolution about appearing in a fitness segment. After some serious phone tag and emailing yesterday, I unfortunately wasn't selected, but I'm excited that something like that was even a possibility!

And can we just discuss the fact that Harley Pasternak was discussing my life yesterday?