Christian Travelers Guide

Week in review

I'm back on the motivation train. :) I'm not sure where it's coming from this time, but it's nice to feel back to my old self. Well, as close as possible when I'm still only running 20 minutes before exhaustion sets in. I'm incorporating more weight training than I ever have and I can definitely feel a difference in my clothes already. For the past two weeks, my workouts have looked like this:

Tuesday: 1 h. Zumba
Wednesday: 1 mile run; 30 minutes hill climb on the elliptical; legs
Thursday: 45 minutes hills @ level 5 on the treadmill; arms
Friday: 1 h. cycle; abs
Saturday: Off
Sunday: 45 minute cycle; arms

Monday: 1 h. Zumba
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Week 5 Day 2 Couch to 5K; legs
Thursday: 1 h. cycle (intervals); arms
Friday: Week 5 Day 3 Couch to 5K; 1 h. Zumba
Saturday: 1 h. Cross Ramp; chest/back/abs/shoulders

I feel really good. I'm running a 5k on St. Patrick's Day at Franklin and Marshall College. I don't care how fast I run it, I just want to be able to run the whole thing. I printed out the C25K training plan and counted back from the day of the race to schedule my running workouts. W5D2 was so easy for me that I added a 3rd 8 minute jog at the end.

My weight is also trucking along. I'm doing the Biggest Loser at work and last week I hit 186. My first weigh-in about a week and a half before that was 192. I am disgusted at the fact that I put on so much weight after my injury. The worst part is that right now, all of this hard work is to undo all of the damage that I did over the fall and winter when I wasn't able to workout the way I wanted to.

Here's to keeping up the butt kicking! :)