Christian Travelers Guide

Weigh-In & Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries

I've been trying to cut back since Christmas, but haven't been blogging about it. I did so terribly over Christmas that I'm almost embarrassed to admit my weight and how much I had stopped caring since my stress fracture, but isn't weight loss all about honesty? So...

SW: 233 (7/09)
Jan 2: 198.2
Jan 9: 191.2
Jan 16: 190.6
Week: -0.6 lb.
Total: 42.4 lb. (18.2%)

The weird thing is that although my clothes fit a little tighter, I don't feel like I look any different. Ugh. I hate this weight loss game. I'll feel so much better once it gets down to a 50+ lb. loss overall. I promised myself I'd never do that to myself and I have to stop it now.

Anyway, as I'm sure many of you already are, I'm hooked on Pinterest. I've been scouring the site for healthy recipes, particularly healthy breakfast and crock pot recipes for two, or at least things that taste so yummy I don't mind eating them all week. Usually, I can deal with the same breakfast day after day, but lunch and dinner, I get bored very easily after about 2 days of leftovers.

Since I'm off this morning, I decided to bake Skinnytaste's Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries. Oh. My. God. 200 calories per serving?! SIGN ME UP. I followed her exact recipe, but tweaked it just a bit using light soy milk, pumpkin pie spice, and agave nectar instead of skim milk, cinnamon, and honey. I think that may have taken my calories a little lower than what's listed, but I'm not super concerned about it considering how healthy everything in it is. I'll have this with a cup of yogurt every morning for breakfast this week. I'm loving the fact that I can really package them individually, throw them in my bag, and warm them up at work. Woohoo! :)