Christian Travelers Guide

4.5

I have to brag about myself a little bit.

Yesterday, I went to the gym, even though I had every intention not to. I had met with a trainer Saturday morning, got my butt kicked, then went out with friends and had too much to eat. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling too hot belly-wise or head-wise Sunday morning. As soon as I got up, I put on my workout clothes in the hopes I might convince myself to actually get moving. I took Lucy for a walk, then told myself that I'd go to the gym for just half an hour and work on the elliptical, then go to the grocery store.

Somewhere between my apartment and the gym, I convinced myself that I was going to run 3 miles.

Somewhere between the lockerroom and the treadmill, I told myself I was going to run until I got tired.

Then, I turned on the TV on the treadmill and caught the end of Watch What Happens on Bravo and Millionaire Matchmaker started, so I told myself I was going to run until Millionaire Matchmaker was over.

I tried to run as long as I could, but my new sneakers are giving me some wicked blisters in my arches. I ran at a slow pace, 4.3 mph, but I ran, and I walked at 3.8. Altogether, in 1 hour, 8 minutes, I nailed 4.5.

So proud of myself.

Not bad for the girl who was only going for half an hour. :)

I know I still have a long way to go, but these little successes are really proving to me that I'm capable of more than I expect of myself sometimes.

I won't be able to get a run in tomorrow, but I'm shooting for Wednesday since I have a personal day. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to push myself or not, possibly just a 2-mile run to get my legs moving, otherwise I won't be able to get one in until Saturday most likely.

It's funny because I was reading an old blog I used to keep when I started this journey and a year ago I was weighing in at 215 and had never run a mile before in my life. Isn't it crazy to look at how things have changed in just the course of a year?

:)