Christian Travelers Guide

Packages and a Do-Over

I ran my 1st half marathon today. And I had a personal best! But more on that later this week.

This past week, not only did I not blog at all, but I literally did not accomplish any of the goals that I had for the week (none of the goals that I listed).

So, I am needing a Do-Over. Remember those from grade school recess games? Like if you accidently missed the serve in tetherball? Well, I missed my goals so am doing a do-over this week.

On Thursday I got 2 packages in the mail - so exciting! Here was the 1st package I opened:

It was my first win in blogland! I won a 2lb cheese block, cheese slicer, and sandwich cutter from Kovas.

Seriously, I love cheese. Like if I didn't live in CA (2nd famous cheese state), I'd have to move to Wisconsin to have full access to cheese. So thank you to Kovas for my awesome win :)

My other package has nothing to do with cheese.

Here it is:

What is better than getting your favorite food and patent red boots in the mail on the same day?

The boots are for my costume (Supergirl this year). But rest assured, I will find a way to wear them to the office on a normal workday!

And here, I have a confession to make about where I bought those boots. As you can see part of the name brand - these are boots by Pleaser. WHAT?!?

OK - so I am almost 6 feet tall and wear a size 11 shoe. This size is difficult to find at most shoe stores. So, I usually have to buy my normal shoes from Nordstrom, or another big chain-type store that has my size (and usually am forced to pay big bucks because of it).

Well, Nordstrom doesn't carry red patent knee boots at Halloween. Or ever. As you can imagine :)

Halloween stores never carry size 11 either. So I have to go online for these type of special purchases. And these shoes were purchased from a website, that I am sure is geared for "trannies"-as in boys that dress as girls. It was hilarious. They have all these totally tacky stripper type of shoes in HUGE women's sizes.

But hey, I got my boots! So that was my little "tranny" experience with my recent shoe purchase :)

OK - I'm off to finish my weekly calendar with my "do-over" goals and to strut around in my new red boots and make my cheese sandwich for tomorrow!

Do you have any funny shoe stories? I'd love to hear it :) Have a great week!