Christian Travelers Guide

Christmas Cookie Cutters

An old post from Brits in Bosnia, when we were living in the NE Bosnian city of Tuzla - but one that deserves to be revisited at this time of year.

Although Tuzla is a predominantly Muslim city the stores have just started to get out their Christmas decorations. I have to admit that I find them a bit random and not totally to my taste. So, you can imagine how excited I was to come across a Christmas set of cookie cutters. 'YES!' I thought to myself 'we can make biscuits and decorations for the tree! Perfect! I'm so excited I thought I would share them with you, our new cookie cutters all nicely looped together on a special metal holder, looking good:

Here are the individual cutters. A Christmas tree. Looking fine and most Christmassy.

A shooting star and a moon. Pretty cool.

A bell and a star. I'm liking it, I'm liking it. We can do something with these.

And finally, the last cookie cutter in the Christmas pack. I have to say it did somewhat took me by surprise. After all, isn't the whole point of Christmas was that there isn't one of these? Snigger. Snigger.

(Bosnians protested that I have a gutter mind and this is in fact a Christmas mushroom, which hasn't helped my confusion much).