Christian Travelers Guide

milkbar treats

It seems that at least once a week we end up venturing into the city for one thing or another, so to make the trip 'worth it' we always make a stop at Milkbar cafe (in Launceston).

Our first Milkbar experience was amazing. I'm sure I have mentioned before that I am a stickler for good old fashioned service with a smile, and these guys deliver 110%. The chai latte I ordered was perfect (not too sweet, just the right amount of spice) and the mister was pleased with his coffee too. I should also mention how yummy the cheesecake was! Food aside, the vintage retro decor is what really grabs me.

We didn't have time or energy that day to take a gander at their workroom/mini shop at the back of the cafe (we just had just finished our walk at Cataract Gorge) but on our second visit I was absolutely itching to get in there (after enjoying the best soy latte I have had in a long time, as well as sharing a vegan grilled sandwich and some walnut coffee cake!)

Anyway, this little shop is super cute! They have vintage fabric and buttons for sale to use in your craft/sewing projects as well as a super fun selection of brightly coloured MT Tape, stamps and ink pads. I was thrilled to see some postcards and zines for sale made by some of the nicest girl artists I know (Lilly Piri, Sarah McNeil and Mel Stringer). After taking forever to decide what to buy, I ended up with two rolls of wide patterned tape in green and orange, as well as some retro floral fabric which, coincidentally, matches the tape!

Milkbar also plays host to a variety of workshops during the year, the next one being a macrame plant hanger tutorial in September, which I am plenty excited for. I've been wanting to make one for the house ever since we moved in as there is a little hook in the kitchen/dining area that would be perfect for a really brightly coloured one!