Christian Travelers Guide

mini roadtrip

If you are always hunting for the perfect cafe hangout, I would encourage you to make the trip to visit Thread and Seed in Redcliffe. I was there on Saturday with my best friend Sabrina and we were so impressed by the friendly service! (After working in retail for 6 years I'm a stickler for good service, so when I receive it I will not stop raving about it).

Thread and Seed has a very affordable range of cookies and cakes to go with your tea or coffee, which is all served up in perfectly mismatched cups and saucers. Their bookshelf is stocked with crafty books and how-tos for you to read while you sip, and there is a little corner with handmade gifts if you feel like picking up a treat. Even the kids get to play with retro wooden toys that are so cool I wish I could have bought them myself! If that's not reason enough to visit they also hold craft workshops during the week. Phewf!

Anyway, after our little morning tea break we poked around some opshops and spent a lot of time laughing at the antics of my friend's daughter, who is such a little charmer! We were being silly and tried on all the hats in the thrift shop. I bought a very practical red and white beanie complete with a pompom for $2 - no doubt I will need it soon enough!

After op shop shenanigans we decided to look for shells along the beach. I found this strange little pearly thing hiding inside a shell, which turned out to be my favourite find of the day. All the shells, barnacles and sea glass I collected are now saved in a really, really cute tin that Sabrina gave me. (She also gifted me a tube of travel sized coloured pencils and Mollie Makes mag. I'll be sure to photograph and share these later, they're such marvellous presents!)

Good things:

1960s house basket purse
The Fox is Black
Wool Butchery by Clemence Joly